Loaded Hash Browns
- In a large skillet cook sausage, ground turkey, and onion over medium heat until sausage is brown and onion is tender, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat.
- Line a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. In prepared slow cooker combine sausage mixture, hash browns, the 1 cup cheese, the sweet pepper, mushrooms, and poblano pepper. In a medium bowl combine soup and the water. Pour over hash brown mixture in cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- Stir before serving. If desired, top with additional cheese and sliced jalapeno peppers. If desired, serve with salsa and/or sour cream.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts (Loaded Hash Browns)
- Per serving:
- 371 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 62 mg chol.,
- 833 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet