Loaded Creamed Corn with Tomato and Bacon
12 ounce packages frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
cups half-and-half or light cream
cup chopped onion (1 large)
cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
cup butter, cut up
teaspoon ground black pepper
thick slices bacon
cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers or Monterey Jack cheese (3 ounces)
cup chopped tomato (1 medium)
tablespoons snipped fresh Italian parsley
teaspoon red wine vinegar
- In a blender combine the corn from one package and the half-and-half. Cover and blend until smooth. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine blended corn mixture, the remaining corn, the onion, Parmesan cheese, butter, the 1 teaspoon sugar, the salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- In a skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, turning once. Drain bacon on paper towels; cool. Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces.
- Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese and bacon over corn in slow cooker. Cover; let stand for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl stir together tomato, parsley, vinegar, and the 1/8 teaspoon sugar. Before serving, spoon tomato mixture over corn in cooker.
Nutrition Facts(Loaded Creamed Corn with Tomato and Bacon)
- Per serving:
- 186 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 27 mg chol.,
- 258 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet