Loaded Barbecue Pork and Beans
- Grease a 9 3/8x9 3/8x2 3/8-inch disposable foil pan (poultry pan); set aside. For sauce, in a small saucepan combine barbecue sauce, bourbon, soy sauce, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir until boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pork roast according to package directions. Using two forks, pull meat apart into shreds (you should have about 1 1/3 cups); reserve cooking liquid (you should have about 2/3 cup). In the prepared foil pan combine sauce, shredded meat, beans, sweet pepper, bacon, and jalapeno pepper. Stir in the reserved cooking liquid. Spread both sides of Texas toast with butter; set aside.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place foil pan on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat, using a baking sheet to help transfer the pan if necessary for stability. Grill about 30 minutes or until bubbly. Add onion slices to the grill rack for the last 8 to 10 minutes and Texas toast for the last 2 to 3 minutes of grilling or until golden grill marks appear, turning once halfway through grilling.
- Separate onion slices into rings. Cut toast slices in half diagonally. Serve bean mixture with onion and toast.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chile peppers, wash your hands well with soap and water.
Nutrition Facts(Loaded Barbecue Pork and Beans)
- Per serving:
- 498 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 60 mg chol.,
- 2284 mg sodium,
- 73 g carb.,
- 91 g fiber,
- 29 g sugar,
- 28 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet