Lemony Ricotta Summer Squash Galette
15 ounce package rolled refrigerated unbaked piecrust
cup ricotta cheese
cup grated Parmesan cheese
clove garlic, minced
tablespoon olive oil
teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoon lemon juice
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle zucchini lightly with salt. Transfer to a colander; drain for 15 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, on a large piece of lightly floured parchment paper, roll pie dough to a 12-inch circle. Transfer parchment and dough to a large baking sheet; set aside.
- For ricotta filling, in a medium bowl whisk together ricotta, Parmesan, mozzarella, garlic, 1 tsp. of the olive oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Using a spatula, spread over dough, leaving a 1 1/2 inch border. Top with squash rounds. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Gently fold over pastry edge, pleating as necessary.
- In a small bowl whisk egg yolk and 1 tsp. water. Lightly brush pastry edges with egg mixture. Transfer galette to oven. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Sprinkle with dill weed, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts(Lemony Ricotta Summer Squash Galette)
- Per serving:
- 283 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 59 mg chol.,
- 444 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet