Lemony Lamb Pitas
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl combine the 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning and the dry mustard. Sprinkle mixture evenly over meat; rub lightly with your fingers. Place meat in slow cooker. In a small bowl combine broth, lemon peel, lemon juice, rosemary, and garlic. Pour over meat in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- In another small bowl stir together yogurt, cucumber, and the 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning. Set aside.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board, reserving cooking juices in cooker; cool meat slightly. Using two forks, shred meat, discarding fat. Place meat in a medium bowl.
- To serve, open pita bread halves to form pockets. Place a lettuce leaf in each pita half. Spoon meat into pita halves. Top meat with yogurt mixture and chopped tomato.
Nutrition Facts (Lemony Lamb Pitas)
- Per serving:
- 231 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 73 mg chol.,
- 471 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 28 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet