- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 4 cups lemonade
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 28 small chunks crystallized ginger
- 8 inches stick cinnamon, broken
- 8 whole allspice
- 1 apple, cored, seeded, and cut into thin wedges
- 12 4 - 6 inches wooden picks or skewers
1. In a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker combine cider, lemonade, and brown sugar.
2. For a spice bag, cut a 6-inch square from a double thickness of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth. Place four pieces of ginger, the cinnamon, and allspice in the center of cheesecloth. Bring up corners of the cheesecloth; tie bag closed with 100-percent-cotton kitchen string. Add spice bag to slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Discard spice bag. Add apple wedges to slow cooker.
4. For swizzle sticks, thread two pieces of ginger onto each wooden pick or skewer. Ladle cider mixture into mugs. Garnish each serving with a swizzle stick with ginger pieces down in cider mixture.
- Prepare as directed above, except stir 1 to 2 tablespoons apple brandy (1/2 to 1 ounce) into each serving.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 129,
- carb. (g) 34,
- sugar (g) 29,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 29,
- Potassium (mg) 44,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet