Lemonade Cider with Ginger Swizzle Sticks
- In a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker combine cider, lemonade, and brown sugar.
- For a spice bag, cut a 6-inch square from a double thickness of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth. Place four pieces of ginger, the cinnamon, and allspice in the center of cheesecloth. Bring up corners of the cheesecloth; tie bag closed with 100-percent-cotton kitchen string. Add spice bag to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Discard spice bag. Add apple wedges to slow cooker.
- For swizzle sticks, thread two pieces of ginger onto each wooden pick or skewer. Ladle cider mixture into mugs. Garnish each serving with a swizzle stick with ginger pieces down in cider mixture.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed above, except stir 1 to 2 tablespoons apple brandy (1/2 to 1 ounce) into each serving.
Nutrition Facts (Lemonade Cider with Ginger Swizzle Sticks)
- Per serving:
- 129 kcal cal.,
- 29 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 29 g sugar
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet