- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until well combined. Scrape sides of bowl; beat for 2 minutes more. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemonade concentrate and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. If desired, stir in a few drops of yellow food coloring. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Spread cake with Lemon Butter Frosting. If desired, garnish with lemon slices (slices should be removed before eating).
Lemon Butter Frosting
- In a large mixing bowl beat softened butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add the 1 cup powdered sugar, beating well. Beat in the 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate and vanilla. Gradually beat in the additional powdered sugar. Beat in additional frozen lemonade concentrate to reach spreading consistency. Makes 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Lemonade Cake)
- Per serving:
- 380 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 65 mg chol.,
- 238 mg sodium,
- 71 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 56 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
How To Video
Nita Solley 1195 Days Ago
There is no recipe for the lemon butter frosting...cake recipe is printed twice. It's that way for every recipe that has two recipes on this series. Why????
K P 1205 Days Ago
The ingredients for the lemon butter frosting is exactly the same as that of the cake ingredients. Who would publish this HUGE mistake without checking for accuracy?
Andrea 1483 Days Ago
Yummy! Great combination of sweet and tart. We've made it twice for guests and they loved it.
Julie 1611 Days Ago
This cake is okay. I wouldn't say the best thing out there. It's pretty easy to make, but not very sweet.