- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 2 chicken thighs, 1/4 of the carrots, and 2 tablespoons sauce each
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 25 mins 375°F
Lemon-Sage Roasted Chicken Thighs
skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds total)
teaspoon ground black pepper
teaspoons olive oil
pound baby carrots with 1/2-inch tops, halved if large
cloves garlic, thinly sliced
cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel (set aside)
tablespoons lemon juice
cup dry white wine
tablespoons snipped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In an extra-large ovenproof skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until brown, turning once. Add carrots, shallots and garlic to skillet. Pour 1/3 cup of the chicken broth and the lemon juice over chicken in skillet. Bring to boiling.
- Place skillet in oven; roast, uncovered, about 25 minutes or until chicken is done (180 degrees F) and carrots are just tender. Transfer chicken and carrots to a platter, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Whisk flour into remaining broth. Add broth mixture and wine to the hot skillet. Whisk to combine. Return skillet to medium-high heat. Cook and stir to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to boiling. Boil gently, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until liquid is slightly thickened and reduced to about 1/2 cup. Stir in sage and lemon peel. Serve sauce with chicken and carrots. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon-Sage Roasted Chicken Thighs)
- Per serving:
- 376 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 215 mg chol.,
- 585 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 47 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet