Lemon-Pistachio Slice-and-Bake Cookies
- In a large bowl, combine vegetable oil spread and butter; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixed. Beat in sugar and salt until well mixed. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the lemon peel.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each dough portion into an 8-inch-long log. Sprinkle half of the pistachio nuts on a sheet of waxed paper. Roll one log in the nuts to coat. Repeat with remaining nuts and log. Wrap logs in plastic wrap. Chill about 2 hours or until firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. If necessary, reshape logs to make them round. Cut logs crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or just until edges are firm and tops are set. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool completely.
- If desired, drizzle cookies with Lemon Icing. Let stand until icing is set.
- Choose Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar.
From the Test Kitchen
Attach a strip of patterned paper around the middle of a box. Add a card stock circle to the front of the box. Fill box with cookies and close. Tie a ribbon around the box. Layer cardboard circles and a chipboard letter for the initial tag to the front of the box over the ribbon.
- In a medium bowl, stir together powdered sugar, lemon peel, and enough fat-free milk (2 to 3 tablespoons) to make drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon-Pistachio Slice-and-Bake Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 59 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 3 mg chol.,
- 34 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet