Upload your photo here.
Lemon Ladyfinger Sandwich Cookies
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line three large cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add the 2/3 cup granulated sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat egg yolks and the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar on high speed about 5 minutes or until mixture is thick. Beat in vanilla.
- Fold egg yolk mixture into beaten egg whites just until combined. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of the flour over egg mixture; fold in gently just until combined. Repeat with the remaining flour, 1/3 cup at a time, being careful not to overmix. Fold in lemon peel.
- Spoon about one-third of the batter into a decorating bag fitted with a 1/2-inch round tip.* Pipe batter into 3x1-inch logs, 1 inch apart, onto one of the prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle logs lightly with some of the 2 tablespoons powdered sugar. (Wait to pipe the remaining batter until just before baking so the batter does not deflate while standing.)
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until light brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
- For filling, in a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in lemon curd until combined. Beat in enough of the 5 cups powdered sugar so filling reaches piping consistency.
- Spoon filling into a decorating bag fitted with a small round tip. Pipe filling onto bottoms of half of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down. If desired, pipe additional filling on top of sandwich cookies and garnish with crushed lemon drops.
From the Test Kitchen
Place sandwich cookies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 day or freeze for up to 3 months. Or layer unfilled cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or freeze up to 3 months. To serve, thaw cookies if frozen. Fill as directed.
If you don't have a 1/2-inch round tip, spoon batter into a heavy resealable plastic bag and snip a 1/2-inch hole in one corner of the bag.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon Ladyfinger Sandwich Cookies )
- Per serving:
- 258 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 65 mg chol.,
- 62 mg sodium,
- 50 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 44 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet