Lemon Icebox Pie
- For crust, in a medium bowl combine cookie crumbs, the 3 tablespoons crushed lemon drops, and melted butter. Press into bottom of a 9- or 10-inch pie plate or 8- or 9- inch springform pan. Set aside.*
- For filling, in a medium saucepan combine the sugar, gelatin, and cornstarch. Add lemon peel, lemon juice, and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir half of the lemon mixture into the egg yolks. Return lemon-egg mixture to saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until filling comes to gentle boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in cut-up butter until melted. Transfer to a bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Cool 20 minutes.
- Place yogurt in a large bowl; gradually stir in lemon filling. Carefully spoon into crust-lined pan. Cover and chill overnight.
- For topping, in a medium-size chilled bowl, beat whipping cream to soft peaks; fold in 1 tablespoon crushed lemon drops. To serve, carefully loosen and remove sides of springform pan, if using. Top pie with whipped cream and, if desired, Candied Lemon Slices and fresh mint.
- In a large skillet combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring mixture to a boiling, reduce heat; add lemon slices. Cook for 1 minute, turning once. Transfer to waxed paper to cool.**
From the Test Kitchen
For a crisper crust, bake in a 375 degrees F oven for 5 minutes; cool.
Cover and refrigerate leftover syrup up to 2 weeks. Use to sweeten iced tea or toss with fresh berries for a quick dessert.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon Icebox Pie)
- Per serving:
- 335 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 129 mg chol.,
- 165 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 28 g sugar,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet