of a 6-ounce package (1 foil pouch) liquid fruit pectin
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the colored part of the peel from one of the lemons. (Avoid removing the white portion.) Cut the peel into thin strips; set aside. Cut the remaining lemons in half; squeeze lemons for juice. Measure 1/2 cup lemon juice. (Reserve remaining juice for another use.)
- In a 5- to 6-quart heavy pot, combine the lemon peel strips, the 1/2 cup lemon juice, and the water. Add sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Stir in honey. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Quickly stir in the pectin. Return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Quickly skim off the foam with a metal spoon. Use spoon to remove and discard the lemon peel strips; discard peel strips.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot, sterilized half-pint jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids.
- Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars from canner; cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts(Lemon-Honey Jelly)
- Per serving:
- 44 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 0 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet