- Makes: 4 servings
- Yields: 1 1/2 ounces salmon and 1 1/4 cups bulgur mixture each
- Prep: 20 mins
- Stand: 1 hr
- Bake: 4 mins to 6 mins 450° per 1/2-inch thickness
Lemon-Dill Bulgur Salad with Salmon
cups warm water
cup lemon juice
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
cup coarsely chopped arugula
cup chopped, seeded cucumber
cup thinly sliced green onions (4)
8 ounce fresh skinless salmon fillet
teaspoon ground black pepper
cup pomegranate seeds
- In a large bowl combine the water and bulgur. Cover and let stand for 1 hour; drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside. In a large bowl whisk together lemon juice, oil, dill, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add arugula, cucumber, green onions, and drained bulgur; toss gently to coat.
- Rinse salmon; pat dry with paper towels. Place salmon on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Bake for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until salmon begins to flake when tested with a fork. Remove from oven. Break salmon into large chunks.
- To serve, divide salmon among serving plates. Spoon bulgur mixture onto salmon. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon-Dill Bulgur Salad with Salmon)
- Per serving:
- 370 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 31 mg chol.,
- 402 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 10 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet