Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
tablespoons lemon juice
tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
tablespoons vegetable oil
16 ounce package frozen stir-fry vegetables (any blend)
pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into thin bite-size strips
cups hot cooked brown rice
Reduced-sodium soy sauce (optional)
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together broth, lemon juice, cornstarch, and the 1 tablespoon soy sauce; set aside.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the oil into a large skillet; heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add stir-fry vegetables; cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; add half of the chicken. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with the remaining chicken (add more oil if necessary). Return all of the chicken to skillet; push from center of skillet.
- Stir sauce; add to center of skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return vegetables to skillet; stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve with hot cooked rice. If desired, pass additional soy sauce.
Nutrition Facts(Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry)
- Per serving:
- 350 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 66 mg chol.,
- 351 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet