- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 3 ounce packages lemon-flavor gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1/2 of a 14-ounce can (about 2/3 cup) whole cranberry sauce
- 1 1.3ounce envelope whipped dessert topping mix
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped quince (1 large)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Sugared cranberries (optional)*
- Fresh mint (optional)
1. In a large bowl stir together gelatin and sugar. Add the boiling water, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes or until gelatin and sugar are dissolved. Stir in cranberry-raspberry drink. Transfer 1 3/4 cups of the gelatin mixture to a medium bowl; cover and chill for 30 to 45 minutes or until partially set (the consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Cover the remaining gelatin mixture; set aside at room temperature.
2. Fold cranberry sauce into partially set gelatin mixture; pour into an 8-cup ring mold or 2-quart square baking dish.** Cover and chill about 30 minutes or until almost firm. Chill the remaining gelatin mixture about 30 minutes or until partially set (the consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
3. Meanwhile, prepare topping mix according to package directions. Fold prepared topping, quince, sour cream, and walnuts into partially set gelatin mixture. Spoon over chilled cranberry sauce-gelatin layer in mold or dish. Cover and chill about 6 hours or until firm.
4. If using mold, unmold gelatin onto a serving platter.*** If desired, garnish with sugared cranberries and mint.
- To make sugared cranberries, freeze fresh cranberries; roll in sugar until coated.
- You can prepare this recipe in 12 individual 3/4-cup molds or ramekins. Layer as directed; chilling times may be slightly less.
- For easier unmolding, set mold in a large bowl filled with warm water for 10 seconds. Using a thin spatula, loosen gelatin mixture from sides of mold. Invert a plate over mold; turn over plate and mold together. Gently remove mold. If using a baking dish, leave gelatin mixture in dish and cut into squares.
- Prepare as directed, except chill for up to 24 hours.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 206,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 3,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 36,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3,
- fiber (g) 1,
- sugar (g) 34,
- pro. (g) 2,
- vit. A (IU) 49,
- vit. C (mg) 12,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 124,
- Potassium (mg) 44,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet