Poppy Seed Cake with Lemon Glaze
- Let butter and eggs stand 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In large mixing bowl beat butter on medium 30 seconds. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat in eggs and poppy seeds. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream to butter mixture; beat on low after each addition just until combined. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare Lemon Glaze. Remove and invert cake on rack; poke all over with fork tines. Brush glaze over cake. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate. Makes 16 servings.
- In small saucepan heat sugar, lemon juice, and butter over medium-low heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Makes 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Poppy Seed Cake with Lemon Glaze)
- Per serving:
- 292 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 86 mg chol.,
- 212 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 23 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet