Ginger Carrot Cake
- Let eggs stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans; line bottoms with waxed or parchment paper; set aside.
- In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl combine eggs, carrots, oil, orange juice, and ginger. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture, stir in nuts. Spread batter in prepared pans. Bake 30-35 minutes or until pick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool thoroughly on racks.
- Prepare Double-Cream Cheese Frosting. Place one layer flat side down on plate; spread 3/4 cup frosting. Stack second layer flat side down; spread remaining frosting on top and sides. Makes 12 servings.
Double-Cream Cheese Frosting
- In large bowl beat together on low speed cream cheese, whipping cream, and salt until fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Makes 2-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Ginger Carrot Cake)
- Per serving:
- 607 kcal cal.,
- 22 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 95 mg chol.,
- 316 mg sodium,
- 100 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
How To Video
Cynthia Schuster 504 Days Ago
I love this cake. The fresh ginger makes it taste so good. It is fairly easy to make and turns out good every time. I make it with white whole wheat flour and cut the sugar by 1/4 cup.
Adam 824 Days Ago
FYI, the print version of this recipe directs the user to cream "1 oz of cream cheese" with the rest of the ingredients for the Double-Cream Cheese Frosting. Obviously, this is an error: the above recipe calls for 1-8oz package.