Cinnamon Apple Spice Cake with Apple Topper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 8x8x2-inch baking pans with parchment paper. Grease and flour the pans; set aside.
- In mixing bowl whisk buttermilk, oil, brown sugar, eggs, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and vanilla until combined. Whisk in flour; stir in apple. Divide evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake 40 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Invert cake layers from pans onto racks; remove parchment paper. Cool completely on racks.
- Prepare Fruit Topper. Place one cake layer, flat side up, on serving platter. Spoon on about two-thirds of topper. Top with second cake layer and remaining mixture. Serve immediately. Makes 10 servings.
- In skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add apples or pears; add granulated sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, just until fruit begins to soften, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
Nutrition Facts (Cinnamon Apple Spice Cake with Apple Topper)
- Per serving:
- 532 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 11 g monounsatured fat),
- 50 mg chol.,
- 319 mg sodium,
- 84 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 57 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet