- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Allow eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease and flour three 9x5x3-inch loaf pans. Set pans aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, carrots, pecans, and oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir until well combined. Pour batter evenly into the prepared pans.
4. Bake about 25 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
5. Place one cake layer on a rectangular serving platter. Spread with about 1/2 cup Honey-Orange Frosting. Top with another cake layer and spread with frosting. Add remaining cake layer. Spread top with 1/3 cup of the remaining frosting. Serve with remaining frosting. If desired, top with Sugared Orange Slices just before serving. Cover and store in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
- 1 navel orange
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut 4 thin, crosswise slices from a navel orange. Cut each slice into quarters. Set aside. Line a shallow baking pan with foil. Top with a rack. Lightly coat rack with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange orange slices in a single layer on the rack. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until orange slices are slightly dried out. Remove from oven and gently loosen from rack. Cool completely on the rack.
- 2 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons orange pee,l finely shredded
- 3/4 cup honey
1. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, orange peel and honey. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. If frosting seems to soft, refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes before applying to cake. Makes 3-1/2 cups.