- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease an 8x1-1/2-inch round cake pan; set pan aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add milk, butter, egg, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack about 30 minutes. Serve warm with berries and, if desired, Whipped Cream. Makes 8 servings.
- Chill a medium mixing bowl and beaters of an electric mixer. In chilled bowl beat cream, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
Nutrition Facts (Busy-Day Cake )
- Per serving:
- 346 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 84 mg chol.,
- 130 mg sodium,
- 42 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 24 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet