- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 14 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Sifted powdered sugar (optional)
1. Grease the bottom of an 8-inch heart-shape cake pan with a removable bottom or an 8-inch round springform pan; set pan aside. In a heavy medium saucepan combine chocolate, butter, and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat; cool mixture for 20 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl beat eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Add granulated sugar and flour; beat on high speed for 10 minutes. Stir chocolate mixture into egg mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 30 minutes (35 minutes for springform pan) or until outer one-third of top is slightly puffed. (Because this torte is so dense, you're unable to use a traditional cake doneness test. The torte should be done after 30 minutes, even though the center will still appear to be underbaked.)
4. Cool torte on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Use a knife dipped in warm water to loosen torte from sides of pan. Cool torte thoroughly. Remove sides of pan. Wrap torte in foil; chill overnight or up to 2 days.
5. To serve, bring torte to room temperature. In a small saucepan melt jam; cool. Spread jam on top of torte. Cover jam with raspberries, stem sides down. If desired, before serving, dust with powdered sugar. Makes 16 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 16,
- cal. (kcal) 253,
- Fat, total (g) 16,
- chol. (mg) 83,
- sat. fat (g) 9,
- carb. (g) 27,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 4,
- vit. C (mg) 4,
- sodium (mg) 85,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet