- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream and vanilla until combined. Gradually stir in flour mixture, mixing just until moistened. Divide batter evenly between two medium bowls.
- In a small bowl stir together cocoa powder, espresso powder, and the hot water until smooth. Stir cocoa mixture into one portion of batter; mix well. In another small bowl stir together amaretto and almond extract. Stir amaretto mixture into the other portion of batter; mix well.
- Pour cocoa batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Tap pan lightly on work surface to remove air bubbles. Spoon amaretto batter over the cocoa batter, spreading evenly. Tap pan again.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Remove cake from pan; cool thoroughly on wire rack. Serve cake with Cappuccino Whipped Cream. If desired, sprinkle with chopped almonds.
Cappuccino Whipped Cream
- In a medium mixing bowl combine brown sugar, water, and instant espresso coffee powder. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until frothy. Add whipping cream; beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Nutrition Facts (Almond-Mocha Cake)
- Per serving:
- 455 kcal cal.,
- 25 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 108 mg chol.,
- 433 mg sodium,
- 50 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 25 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Nancy Ulrich 299 Days Ago
There was way to much flour in this cake. Thye cake batter was like pizza dough, and the cake tasted of nothing but flour.