Lavender Thyme Fluted Cake with Vanilla Creme Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan well; set aside. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, 1 tablespoon thyme, salt, baking powder, lavender, and baking soda. In another bowl whisk together the oil, milk, eggs, and vinegar. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients; stir to combine (batter may appear curdled). Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on the wire rack. Drizzle with glaze. Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves.
From the Test Kitchen
Crush in a mortar and pestle or in a clean coffee or spice grinder.
Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
Vanilla Creme Glaze
- In a small bowl whisk together the creme fraiche, powdered sugar, and vanilla. If necessary, add a little milk until desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Lavender Thyme Fluted Cake with Vanilla Creme Glaze)
- Per serving:
- 377 kcal ,
- 21 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 57 mg chol. ,
- 329 mg sodium ,
- 45 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 28 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.
Robin McRae 649 Days Ago
I just made this cake and found that the cooking time was wrong. I suggest cooking it at 325 like a regular pound cake.