Lavender Lemon Pudding Cakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.In a small saucepan combine milk and 1 Tbsp. lavender over medium heat until just simmering. Remove from heat; let stand for 15 minutes. Strain; discard lavender.
- Finely shred 1 Tbsp. peel from lemons. Juice lemons (1/4 cup). Set aside. Butter six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups with softened butter; sprinkle each with sugar tapping out any excess. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar and the flour. Whisk in lemon peel, lemon juice, and melted butter until smooth. In a small bowl whisk together egg yolks and strained milk. Whisk milk mixture into flour mixture until smooth; set aside.
- In a small bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add remaining 4 Tbsp. sugar, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Stir a small amount of the egg whites into the lemon mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining egg whites (batter will be thin).
- Pour batter into prepared dishes, filling each three-fourths full; place in a shallow baking pan. Bake 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Remove pan from oven and cool cakes on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Place remaining dried lavender and rock sugar in a blender. Cover; blend until fine. Sprinkle over cakes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Lavender Lemon Pudding Cakes)
- Per serving:
- 169 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 106 mg chol.,
- 89 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 17 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet