pound ground beef
cup finely chopped onion
cloves garlic, minced
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
15 ounce can tomato sauce
teaspoon crushed red pepper
dried lasagna noodles or no-boil lasagna noodles
15 ounce container ricotta cheese
cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- For sauce, in a large Dutch oven cook beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until beef is browned; drain fat. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, 3/4 tsp. of the salt, and crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover; cook 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions or until tender, but still firm (al dente). Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For filling, in a medium bowl whisk together ricotta, egg, 1/4 cup of the Parmigiano-Reggiano, milk, parsley, basil, oregano, and 1/4 tsp. salt until well combined. Set aside.
- Drizzle bottom of a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with olive oil. Arrange 3 of the noodles in a single layer in the bottom of the dish. Spread with one-fourth of the filling. Top with one-fourth of the sauce. Repeat layers. Sprinkle top with remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano. Cover with a piece of parchment brushed with olive oil, coated side down; seal tightly with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes more or until cheese is golden brown and mixture is bubbly. Let stand at least 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts(Lasagna Bolognese)
- Per serving:
- 432 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 94 mg chol.,
- 835 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet