Lebanese Lamb Kabobs
For these dinner kabobs, a savory ground lamb mixture is shaped into logs, skewered, and grilled, then served with a refreshing cucumber sauce.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Grill: 10 mins
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a fork. Stir in onion, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, cilantro, oregano, mint, salt, cumin, cinnamon, and, if desired, crushed red pepper. Add lamb; mix well. Divide mixture into 8 portions. Shape each portion around a metal skewer, forming a log that is 6 inches long and about 1 inch wide.
- Place skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until done (160 degree F),* turning once halfway through grilling.
- If desired, serve with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce, sliced cucumber, and lemon wedges. Makes 4 servings.
The internal color of a meat log is not a reliable doneness indicator. A lamb log cooked to 160 degree F is safe, regardless of color. To measure the doneness of a meat log, insert an instant-read thermometer from an end into the center of the log, being careful not to let the tip of the thermometer touch the skewer.
- Mince cucumber, peeled and seeded. In a small bowl, stir together minced cucumber and yogurt. If desired, season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- 397 kcal cal.;
- 26 g Fat, total;
- 220 mg chol.;
- 10 g sat. fat;
- 6 g carb.;
- 1 g fiber;
- 33 g pro.;
- 451 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet