- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce (see recipe below) (optional)
- Thinly sliced cucumber (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
1. In a large bowl, beat eggs with a fork. Stir in onion, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, cilantro, oregano, mint, salt, cumin, cinnamon, and, if desired, crushed red pepper. Add lamb; mix well. Divide mixture into 8 portions. Shape each portion around a metal skewer, forming a log that is 6 inches long and about 1 inch wide.
2. Place skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until done (160 degree F),* turning once halfway through grilling.
3. If desired, serve with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce, sliced cucumber, and lemon wedges. Makes 4 servings.
- The internal color of a meat log is not a reliable doneness indicator. A lamb log cooked to 160 degree F is safe, regardless of color. To measure the doneness of a meat log, insert an instant-read thermometer from an end into the center of the log, being careful not to let the tip of the thermometer touch the skewer.
- 1/2 of a small cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- salt and ground black pepper (optional)
1. Mince cucumber, peeled and seeded. In a small bowl, stir together minced cucumber and yogurt. If desired, season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 397,
- Fat, total (g) 26,
- chol. (mg) 220,
- sat. fat (g) 10,
- carb. (g) 6,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 33,
- sodium (mg) 451,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet