Curried Lamb and Vegetable Soup
tablespoon curry powder
teaspoon ground cumin
teaspoon black pepper
pounds lamb stew meat
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
cups coarsely chopped celeriac (about 8 ounces)
cups cauliflower florets (about 8 ounces)
medium onion, cut into thick wedges
cup coarsely chopped cooking apple (1 medium)
cup purchased unsweetened light coconut milk
cup frozen peas
8 ounce carton plain low-fat yogurt
cup chopped, seeded cucumber
tablespoon lime juice
- In a small bowl, combine curry powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces; place in bowl. Sprinkle spice mixture over meat pieces; toss to coat. Place meat in a 4-1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add undrained tomatoes, celeriac, cauliflower, onion, and apple.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5 hours.
- Turn off cooker. Stir in coconut milk and peas. Cover and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, and lime juice. Top each serving with yogurt mixture. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Curried Lamb and Vegetable Soup)
- Per serving:
- 270 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 91 mg chol.,
- 413 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet