Lamb Shanks with Three-Olive Sauce
- In a small bowl combine oregano, dried rosemary, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Sprinkle herb mixture over lamb shank pieces; rub in with your fingers.
- In an extra-large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add lamb shank pieces; brown on all sides, working in batches if necessary. Transfer lamb shank pieces to a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle lamb evenly with garlic. Pour broth and wine over mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer meat to a serving platter; cover to keep warm.
- For sauce, pour cooking liquid into a glass measuring cup; skim off fat. Measure 2 cups of the cooking liquid; pour into a small saucepan. In a small bowl stir together the cold water and cornstarch. Stir into saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in Kalamata olives, Spanish olives, black olives, and lemon juice.
- Serve meat with sauce and, if desired, mashed potatoes. If desired, sprinkle with cheese and fresh rosemary.
Nutrition Facts (Lamb Shanks with Three-Olive Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 587 kcal cal.,
- 33 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 14 g monounsatured fat),
- 194 mg chol.,
- 742 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 58 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet