Honey, ginger, cream, and almonds make delightfully grown-up cookies, which kids happen to love, too.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large cookie sheets with foil. Grease foil; set cookie sheets aside. In a medium heavy saucepan combine sugar, butter, cream, and honey. Cook and stir over low heat about 5 minutes or until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat and bring mixture to boiling. Brush side of pan with a damp pastry brush or damp paper towel to prevent sugar from crystallizing. Clip a candy thermometer to side of pan. Cook until thermometer registers 238 degrees F (soft-ball stage). Remove from heat. Quickly stir in oats, almonds, ginger, flour, and lemon peel.
- Drop dough by tablespoons 3 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Dip tines of a fork into cold water and press top of each cookie to flatten. Bake on separate racks for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown and set, switching cookie sheets halfway through baking.
- Cool completely on cookie sheets. Gently lift cookies from foil. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Let stand until chocolate is set.
Nutrition Facts (Lacy Florentines)
- Per serving:
- 110 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 10 mg chol.,
- 25 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet