Key Lime Coins
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1/3 cup powdered sugar, the lime peel, lime juice, the water, and vanilla. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in the flour, cornstarch, and salt until combined.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 10-inch-long roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for at least 3 hours or up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Using a sharp, thin-bladed knife, cut rolls crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until bottoms are just golden. Cool on cookie sheets for 4 minutes. Place the 2 cups powdered sugar in a large bowl. Gently toss warm cookies, two to three at a time, in powdered sugar. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
From the Test Kitchen
Dough may be shaped into rolls, then frozen for up to 2 months. When ready to bake, thaw rolls slightly, slice, and bake as directed for 15 to 18 minutes.
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts(Key Lime Coins)
- Per serving:
- 159 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 18 mg chol.,
- 120 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet