Joyful Almond Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a food processor combine cookies and 1/2 cup almonds. Cover and process with on/off pulses until finely chopped. Add melted butter, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and process just until combined.
- Press almond mixture onto the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan that has a removable bottom. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add 1 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Beat until light and creamy, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and almond extract.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream on low speed just until combined. Fold in 3/4 cup almonds and 3/4 cup coconut.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into crust-lined pan, spreading evenly. Bake about 75 minutes or until a 2 1/2-inch area around outside edge appears set when gently shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 hours.
- For ganache, in a small saucepan combine chocolate, whipping cream, and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool about 20 minutes or until ganache begins to thicken but can still be poured. Using a small sharp knife, loosen crust from sides of pan. Remove sides of pan. Spread ganache over top of cheesecake.
- Chill for 4 hours. Garnish with 1/4 cup almonds and 1/4 cup coconut.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed through Step 6. Place cheesecake in an airtight container; cover. Chill for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight if frozen. Garnish as directed.
To toast nuts and coconut, spread evenly in a shallow baking pan and bake them for 5 to 10 minutes. Shaking the pan once or twice. Watch closely to avoid burning them.
Nutrition Facts(Joyful Almond Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 584 kcal cal.,
- 45 g fat
- (23 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 14 g monounsatured fat),
- 146 mg chol.,
- 424 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 29 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet