- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 cups dry red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, or red Zinfandel
- 1 1 3/4 ounce package regular powdered fruit pectin
- 3 1/2 cups honey
- 1/4 teaspoon butter, margarine, or cooking oil
1. In a 4- or 5-quart Dutch oven combine wine and pectin. Cook and stir over high heat until mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Add honey all at once. Return to boiling. Add butter; boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Quickly skim off foam with metal spoon. Ladle into decorative jars or short tumblers. Cover with plastic wrap; cool completely. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks. Makes about 5-1/2 cups (about 6 half-pint jars).
- To can jelly for longer keeping, follow cooking directions above. Ladle hot jelly at once into hot, sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims. Adjust lids. Process jars in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars; cool on wire racks.
- cal. (kcal) 47,
- carb. (g) 12,
- sugar (g) 11,
- sodium (mg) 2,
- Potassium (mg) 13,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet