Easy Strawberry Jam
The perfect sweet addition to your favorite biscuit or scone. Extend the bounty of berries by making this strawberry jam recipe to give as gifts for family and friends.
- Yields: About 5 half pints
- Prep: 30 mins
- Stand: 10 mins to 24 hrs
- In large bowl crush berries with masher. Stir in sugar. Let stand 10 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- In small saucepan combine pectin and water. Bring to boiling; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Pour into berry mixture. Add lemon juice and stir 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Stir in lemon slices.
- Ladle jam into clean half-pint jars of freezer containers, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Seal and label. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours or until set*. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Makes about 5 half pints.
Freezer jam does not set as firmly as cooked jam.
Prepare as above except omit lemon juice and slices. Stir 1/4 cup champagne or white wine and 1 to 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur into berry mixture with pectin mixture.
Prepare as above except use 3 cups strawberries, 1 cup chopped banana (about 2), and omit lemon juice and slices. Stir 2 tablespoons creme de banana (or lemon juice) into berry mixture with pectin. Stir 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved (will set soft).
- Per serving:
- 87 kcal cal.,
- 3 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 21 g sugar
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet