Easy Strawberry Jam
- In large bowl crush berries with masher. Stir in sugar. Let stand 10 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- In small saucepan combine pectin and water. Bring to boiling; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Pour into berry mixture. Add lemon juice and stir 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Stir in lemon slices.
- Ladle jam into clean half-pint jars of freezer containers, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Seal and label. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours or until set*. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Makes about 5 half pints.
From the Test Kitchen
Freezer jam does not set as firmly as cooked jam.
Prepare as above except omit lemon juice and slices. Stir 1/4 cup champagne or white wine and 1 to 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur into berry mixture with pectin mixture.
Prepare as above except use 3 cups strawberries, 1 cup chopped banana (about 2), and omit lemon juice and slices. Stir 2 tablespoons creme de banana (or lemon juice) into berry mixture with pectin. Stir 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved (will set soft).
Nutrition Facts (Easy Strawberry Jam)
- Per serving:
- 87 kcal ,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 3 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 21 g sugar ,
- 0 g pro.