Jamaican Jerk Chicken Sliders with Pineapple Salsa
- In a small bowl combine jerk seasoning, oil, salt, and black pepper. Coat chicken with seasoning mixture. Place chicken, bone sides down, in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine coffee, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, the molasses, garlic, and hot pepper sauce. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken from cooker. When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard bones. Using two forks, pull chicken apart into shreds. Return shredded chicken to cooker. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Cover and cook about 30 minutes more or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, for salsa, in a medium bowl stir together pineapple, green onions, sweet pepper, cilantro, jalapeno pepper (if desired), the remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, and lime peel.
- To serve, use the slotted spoon to spoon chicken mixture onto bottoms of buns. Top with salsa; replace tops of buns.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts(Jamaican Jerk Chicken Sliders with Pineapple Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 188 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 48 mg chol.,
- 429 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 14 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet