Jalapeno-Peach Wonton Poppers
- For the Chile-Peach Dipping Sauce, in a food processor bowl or blender container combine peaches, red pepper, yellow pepper, onion, lime peel and lime juice. Cover and process with several on/off turns or blend just until mixture is almost smooth, but small pieces remain. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Stir in one third of the minced jalapenos and cilantro.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a small bowl combine creamy cheese and remaining minced jalapenos. Stir in 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the peach mixture.
- Place a rounded teaspoon of cheese mixture on each wonton wrapper. Lightly brush water on the edges of the wonton wrapper. Fold corner to corner, forming a triangle. Press edges lightly to seal. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers and cheese mixture. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake in the preheated oven for 14 to 16 minutes or until wonton wrappers are crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot poppers with dipping sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
* Because hot chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid contact with chiles as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chile peppers, wash your hands well with soap and water.
Nutrition Facts(Jalapeno-Peach Wonton Poppers)
- Per serving:
- 191 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 15 mg chol.,
- 204 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet