Italian-Style Slow Cooker Meat Loaf
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, bread crumbs, onion, zucchini, roasted peppers, egg product, half of the parsley, the garlic, and black pepper. Add ground beef and ground lamb; mix well.
- Coat a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Cut three double-thick, 18x3-inch heavy foil strips. Crisscross strips in the prepared cooker; coat strips with cooking spray. Place meat mixture on top of strips in cooker; pat into an oval or round loaf. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 1/2 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 1/2 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. In a small bowl combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and vinegar. Spoon ketchup mixture over meatloaf. Cover and cook for 30 to 45 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F.*
- Using the foil strips, carefully lift meatloaf from cooker, allowing liquid to drip off. Place on a serving plate. Remove foil strips. Sprinkle meatloaf with cheese (if desired) and the remaining parsley. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Meat may still look pink inside.
Nutrition Facts (Italian-Style Slow Cooker Meat Loaf)
- Per serving:
- 194 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 54 mg chol.,
- 452 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 20 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet