- Makes: 12 servings
- Yields: 12 rolls
- Prep: 25 mins
- Rise: 30 mins
- Cool: 20 mins
- Lightly coat an 882-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl combine tomato, mozzarella cheese, garlic, and basil; set aside.
- Divide bread dough into 12 portions. On a lightly floured surface, flatten each dough portion to a 3-inch round. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the tomato mixture into center of each dough round; shape dough around tomato mixture into a ball, pinching the dough together to seal.
- Place rolls, seam sides down, in the prepared baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (30 to 45 minutes). Lightly brush tops of rolls with milk and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake about 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Lightly grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside. In a shallow dish combine 1 egg white and 1 tablespoon water. In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup flax seeds; 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted; 2 tablespoons poppy seeds; and 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, toasted. Divide one 16-ounce loaf frozen whole wheat bread dough, thawed, into 36 portions. Roll each portion of dough into a ball. Roll each ball in egg-white mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Roll in seed mixture to coat. Place coated rolls in prepared tube pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (30 to 60 minutes). Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until rolls sound hollow when lightly tapped. Invert onto a wire rack. Serve slightly warm or cool. Makes 12 servings.
Per serving: 140 cal., 5 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 216 mg sodium, 20 g carbo., 3 g fiber, 6 g pro.Exchanges: 1.5 Starch, 0.5 Fat
Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside. In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup snipped fresh flat-leaf parsley, 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts or pecans, 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel, and 4 to 6 cloves garlic, minced; set aside. Divide one 16-ounce loaf frozen whole wheat bread dough, thawed, into 16 portions. On a lightly floured surface, flatten each dough portion to a 3-inch round. Using the dull edge of a table knife, make an off-center crease in each dough round. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the parsley mixture onto the small side of each round. Fold larger side over parsley mixture along the crease; press folded edge firmly. Place rolls, large halves up, 2 to 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (30 to 45 minutes). Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 16 rolls.
Per serving: 83 cal., 2 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 159 mg sodium, 14 g carbo., 1 g fiber, 4 g pro.Exchanges: 1 Starch
- 110 kcal cal.;
- 2 g Fat, total;
- 2 mg chol.;
- 19 g carb.;
- 2 g fiber;
- 5 g pro.;
- 0 Mark as Free Exchange;
- 243 mg sodium;
- 2 Starch
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet