Italian Silk Pie
ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies
cup ground almonds
tablespoons granulated sugar
ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
ounces cream cheese, softened
tablespoons powdered sugar
ounce carton mascarpone cheese, softened
cups whipping cream
Unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small saucepan cook and stir butter and 1 ounce chocolate over low heat until melted. Cool to room temperature.
- For crust, in a medium bowl stir together crushed cookies, ground almonds, and granulated sugar. Stir in butter mixture until combined. Press mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place 4 ounces chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 40 to 60 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring twice; set aside.
- In another small bowl stir together 1 tablespoon amaretto and espresso powder until powder is dissolved.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of the powdered sugar. Beat in mascarpone cheese just until combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in melted chocolate, amaretto mixture, and vanilla just until combined (do not overmix).
- In a medium mixing bowl beat whipping cream on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Add the remaining 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons amaretto. Beat just until stiff peaks begin to form. Fold about one-fourth of the whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Pour mixture into pie crust, spreading evenly. Pipe or spread remaining whipped cream over chocolate mixture. Chill pie for 2 to 12 hours before serving. If desired, sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Nutrition Facts(Italian Silk Pie)
- Per serving:
- 504 kcal cal.,
- 42 g fat
- (24 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 13 g monounsatured fat),
- 109 mg chol.,
- 223 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 20 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet