Italian Silk Pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small saucepan cook and stir butter and 1 ounce chocolate over low heat until melted. Cool to room temperature.
- For crust, in a medium bowl stir together crushed cookies, ground almonds, and granulated sugar. Stir in butter mixture until combined. Press mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place 4 ounces chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 40 to 60 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring twice; set aside.
- In another small bowl stir together 1 tablespoon amaretto and espresso powder until powder is dissolved.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of the powdered sugar. Beat in mascarpone cheese just until combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in melted chocolate, amaretto mixture, and vanilla just until combined (do not overmix).
- In a medium mixing bowl beat whipping cream on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Add the remaining 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons amaretto. Beat just until stiff peaks begin to form. Fold about one-fourth of the whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Pour mixture into pie crust, spreading evenly. Pipe or spread remaining whipped cream over chocolate mixture. Chill pie for 2 to 12 hours before serving. If desired, sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Nutrition Facts (Italian Silk Pie)
- Per serving:
- 504 kcal cal.,
- 42 g fat
- (24 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 13 g monounsatured fat),
- 109 mg chol.,
- 223 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 20 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Karen O'Dea 1241 Days Ago
What size container of Marscapone should be used?
Lou Varner 1398 Days Ago
here's another one! no bake recipes means no baking. i don't know who put these together but someone should explain that if it goes in the oven ... that's called baking. it doesn't fit in the "no bake pie recipes" this is very disappointing. i look for no bake recipes because i don't have an oven, when i find something that sounds as wonderful as this then find it has to be backed (even for 5 minutes) it makes want to delete the site