Italian Quiche Cups
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Shape chilled Pastry Dough into twelve 1 1/2-inch balls. Press each ball into the bottoms and up the sides of twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups; set aside.
- For filling, in a medium bowl stir together cheese, artichoke hearts, pepperoni, the 1 tablespoon parsley, the flour, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper. Spoon the mixture evenly into pastry-lined cups. In the same bowl whisk together eggs and half-and-half. Spoon egg mixture evenly over filling in cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set and edges of pastry are golden. Cool quiche cups in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run the tip of a thin knife around the edge of each quiche cup and carefully remove from the muffin cup. Cool slightly. Serve warm or cool completely. If desired, garnish with additional parsley. Place quiche cups in box; close box. Attach directions for reheating quiche cups.
From the Test Kitchen
Place cooled quiche cups in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours or freeze for up to 1 month. If frozen, thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes.
TO REHEAT QUICHE CUPS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place quiche cups in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until heated through.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the flour mixture; toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, 1 tablespoon of the water at a time, until flour mixture is moistened. Gather flour mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts (Italian Quiche Cups)
- Per serving:
- 186 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 67 mg chol.,
- 204 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 0 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet