Italian Cornmeal-Apricot Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar. Beat mixture about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition. Beat in vanilla and lemon peel. Beat in flour mixture on low speed until combined. Stir in dried apricots. Let dough stand for 5 minutes.
- Place pine nuts in a shallow dish. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Lightly press one side of each ball into pine nuts. Place balls, nut sides up, 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Using your fingers, flatten each ball slightly.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Italian Cornmeal-Apricot Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 99 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 20 mg chol.,
- 70 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet