- Makes: 12 servings
- Serving Size: 5 ounces
- Prep: 10 mins
- Slow Cook: 5 hrs to 6 hrs (low) or 2 1/2 to 3 hours (high)
Insane Candy Cane Cocoa
cup premium unsweetened cocoa powder
cup hot water
cups half-and-half or light cream
cups whole milk
cup bittersweet chocolate pieces or 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
teaspoons peppermint extract
sweetened whipped cream
crushed peppermint candies
small candy cane garnish (optional)
- In a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker combine cocoa powder, sugar, and salt. Stir in the hot water until mixture forms a paste. Whisk in half-and-half and milk.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. (Do not boil.) Add bittersweet chocolate, whisking until chocolate is melted.
- If necessary, skim "skin" from surface; discard. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm-heat setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours.
- To serve, stir in vanilla and peppermint extract. Top each serving with sweetened whipped cream and a sprinkle of crushed peppermint candies. Garnish each serving with a small candy cane.
Nutrition Facts (Insane Candy Cane Cocoa)
- Per serving:
- 311 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 48 mg chol.,
- 129 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet