- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 18 ounce refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 4 teaspoons coarse sugar or 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 1 3/4 quart tropical fruit or rainbow sherbet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In mixing bowl combine cookie dough and flour; knead with hands until well combined. On lightly floured surface roll dough, half at a time, to a 14x10-inch rectangle. With fluted pastry wheel or pizza cutter, cut into 3x 2-inch rectangles. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Prick with fork. Brush with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
2. Bake 6 to 7 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack; cool completely.
3. Place a large baking sheet or 15x10x1-inch pan in freezer. Cut carton from sherbet. With a very sharp knife, cut in half lengthwise. Cut again in 1-inch slices. Halve each slice crosswise (you should have 20 slices). Return to freezer for 1 hour or until firm.
4. To assemble sandwiches place sherbet slice between two cookies, sprinkled side out. Wrap in plastic; and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Cookies may be frozen for up to 3 months. Makes 20 sandwiches.
- Servings Per Recipe 20,
- cal. (kcal) 214,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 7,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 38,
- pro. (g) 2,
- vit. C (mg) 19,
- sodium (mg) 132,
- calcium (mg) 50,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet