Tropical Treat Sandwiches
18 ounce refrigerated sugar cookie dough
teaspoons coarse sugar or 1 tsp. granulated sugar
1 3/4 quart tropical fruit or rainbow sherbet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In mixing bowl combine cookie dough and flour; knead with hands until well combined. On lightly floured surface roll dough, half at a time, to a 14x10-inch rectangle. With fluted pastry wheel or pizza cutter, cut into 3x 2-inch rectangles. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Prick with fork. Brush with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 6 to 7 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack; cool completely.
- Place a large baking sheet or 15x10x1-inch pan in freezer. Cut carton from sherbet. With a very sharp knife, cut in half lengthwise. Cut again in 1-inch slices. Halve each slice crosswise (you should have 20 slices). Return to freezer for 1 hour or until firm.
- To assemble sandwiches place sherbet slice between two cookies, sprinkled side out. Wrap in plastic; and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Cookies may be frozen for up to 3 months. Makes 20 sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts(Tropical Treat Sandwiches)
- Per serving:
- 214 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 7 mg chol.,
- 132 mg sodium,
- 38 g carb.,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet