- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon Cream (see recipe below) (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan, combine water and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; set syrup aside to cool while preparing fruit.
2. Place strawberries in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth; if necessary add about 1/3 cup of the syrup to help puree the berries. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Stir strawberry puree and lemon juice into the syrup.
3. Pour mixture into a 2-quart square baking dish. Cover and freeze mixture about 6 hours or until mixture is completely frozen, stirring after 2 hours and then after every hour.
4. Just before serving, break up mixture with a fork until fluffy. Spoon mixture into dessert dishes. If desired, serve with Lemon Cream. Makes about 5-1/2 cups.
- Prepare as directed, except use 1-1/2 cups strawberries, 1-1/2 cups raspberries, and 1 cup blueberries instead of just strawberries.
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
1. In a medium chilled mixing bowl, beat whipping cream, sugar, and lemon peel with an electric mixer on medium speed or with a whisk until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 86,
- carb. (g) 22,
- fiber (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet