Spring Fling Icebox Dessert
cups coarsely crushed crisp chocolate chip cookies
tablespoons butter, melted
cups boiling water
8 ounce package or two 4-serving-size packages sparkling wild-berry flavored gelatin
cups chilled white grape juice or lemonade
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
cup whipping cream
Fresh strawberries with leaves (optional)
Mint sprigs (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together crushed cookies and butter. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with heavy foil. Press crumbs into bottom of foil-lined pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine boiling water and gelatin; stir until gelatin dissolves. Stir in the chilled grape juice or lemonade. Chill until partially set (the consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy. With mixer running at low speed, gradually beat in partially set gelatin.
- In a chilled small mixing bowl beat whipping cream until soft peaks form; fold into gelatin mixture. Chill again until mixture mounds when spooned.
- Turn gelatin mixture into crumb-lined pan. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours or until firm.
- Using foil, lift dessert from pan. To serve, cut dessert into squares. Top with strawberries with leaves and mint sprigs, if desired. Makes 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Spring Fling Icebox Dessert)
- Per serving:
- 329 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 58 mg chol.,
- 205 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet