Peppermint Fudge Paris-Brest
teaspoon peppermint extract
cups peppermint ice cream
Soft peppermint sticks, broken (optional)
Purchased hot fudge sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, butter, peppermint extract, and salt. Bring to boiling. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition.
- Pipe* or drop 12 mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a moistened finger, smooth any rough peaks in the tops of the cream puffs.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and firm; cool. Cut tops from cream puffs; remove soft dough from insides.
- Fill bottoms of cream puffs with scoops of peppermint ice cream. Replace tops. Arrange on a serving platter. If desired, garnish with broken peppermint sticks and drizzle with hot fudge sauce. Makes 12 cream puffs.
From the Test Kitchen
* If you'd like to pipe the dough, use a decorating bag fitted with a large round tip.