Pear-Ginger Ice Cream
- Combine pears and 3 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. Cover and chill overnight.
- Heat milk and ginger in a medium saucepan just until bubbles begin to form around edges of the saucepan.
- Whisk together egg yolks and 1-1/4 cups sugar in a large bowl; gradually whisk in the hot milk. Return all to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture just coats a metal spoon. Remove pan from heat. Quickly cool the custard by placing the saucepan in a sink of ice water for 1 to 2 minutes; stir constantly. Pour mixture through a strainer into a large bowl to remove ginger. Cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Freeze mixture in a 4- or 5-quart ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions. Stir in pear mixture after ice cream has thickened. Ripen for 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Pear-Ginger Ice Cream)
- Per serving:
- 154 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 141 mg chol.,
- 35 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet