- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded Meyer lemon peel or lemon peel*
- 1 cup Meyer lemon juice or lemon juice
- Finely shredded Meyer lemon peel or lemon peel (optional)
1. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and the water to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cover and chill overnight or place saucepan in a bowl of ice and stir mixture until completely chilled.
2. Stir in the 1 tablespoon lemon peel and the lemon juice. Pour lemon mixture into the bowl of a 1-quart ice cream freezer.** Freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
3. Transfer to a nonmetal container; ripen in freezer for 4 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish individual servings with additional lemon peel.
- If you don't have an ice cream freezer, pour mixture into a 2-quart square baking dish. Cover; freeze for 5 to 6 hours or until almost firm. Break frozen mixture into chunks. Transfer to a chilled bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy but not melted. Return to baking dish. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- For a less tart sorbet, decrease peel to 1 teaspoon.
- Servings Per Recipe 10,
- cal. (kcal) 118,
- carb. (g) 31,
- sugar (g) 29,
- sodium (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet