- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half or light cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese or reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed), unsweetened peaches
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 rolled sugar ice-cream cones
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Peach slices (optional)
1. In a large saucepan combine 1-1/2 cups of the half-and-half or light cream, granulated and brown sugars, and eggs. Cook and stir over medium heat just until boiling; remove from heat. (Mixture will appear curdled.) Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth; gradually beat in hot mixture. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
3. In a blender container or food processor bowl blend or process half of the peaches, covered, until nearly smooth. Coarsely chop remaining peaches and set aside.
4. Stir remaining half-and-half, pureed peaches, lemon peel, lemon juice, and vanilla into chilled mixture. Freeze in a 4- or 5-quart ice-cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions. Stir in chopped peaches. Ripen 4 hours.
5. Meanwhile for topper: In a plastic bag crush ice-cream cones with a rolling pin, reserving bottom tips, if desired, for garnish. Combine crushed ice-cream cones and almonds.
6. To serve, scoop ice cream into individual serving mugs or bowls and sprinkle with topper. Top with ice-cream cone tips and peach slices, if desired. Makes 14 (1/2-cup) servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 14,
- cal. (kcal) 241,
- Fat, total (g) 12,
- chol. (mg) 64,
- sat. fat (g) 7,
- carb. (g) 29,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 4,
- vit. A (RE) 155,
- vit. C (mg) 4,
- sodium (mg) 78,
- calcium (mg) 81,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet