Grilled Strawberries with Limoncello Sorbet
cups granulated sugar
tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
cups lemon juice
cup powdered sugar
- In a medium saucepan, combine granulated sugar and the water. Bring to boiling, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice, and limoncello. Cover and chill.
- Transfer mixture to a 2- to 4-quart ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Transfer sorbet to a nonmetallic freezer container. Cover and freeze for 8 to 24 hours or until firm.
- On sixteen 6-inch skewers*, thread strawberries, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. Dip strawberries into powdered sugar, turning to coat.
- For a charcoal grill, place strawberry skewers on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-low coals. Grill about 6 minutes or until strawberries are heated through, turning frequently to heat evenly. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-low. Place strawberry skewers on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Serve strawberries with sorbet. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
Nutrition Facts(Grilled Strawberries with Limoncello Sorbet)
- Per serving:
- 308 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 4 mg sodium,
- 78 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 71 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet