- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 3-inch cinnamon stick
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 medium fresh pineapple, cut into 3/4-inch slices and quartered
- 1 star fruit (carambola), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large firm, ripe papaya or mango, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 kiwifruit, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- purchased dulce de leche ice cream or vanilla bean ice cream or 1 recipe Toasted Coconut Ice Cream
1. In a small saucepan heat honey and cinnamon stick over low heat. When hot (but not boiling), remove from heat. Stir in orange juice and rum. Place fruit in a single layer in a shallow dish. Pour honey mixture over all of the fruit. Cover; let stand for 1 hour. Remove cinnamon stick.
2. Drain fruit, reserving honey mixture. Using twelve 6-inch wooden or metal skewers,* arrange fruit on skewers. Brush fruit with honey mixture. For a charcoal grill, grill skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown and heated through, turning once and brushing occasionally with some of the reserved honey mixture. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place skewers on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Remove from grill.
3. Brush skewers with any remaining honey mixture.
4. To serve, top ice cream with fruit skewers.
- If you use wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before threading the fruit on the skewers (this prevents the skewers from burning during cooking).
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 461,
- Fat, total (g) 26,
- chol. (mg) 71,
- sat. fat (g) 18,
- carb. (g) 52,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 6,
- vit. A (IU) 1118,
- vit. C (mg) 57,
- sodium (mg) 85,
- calcium (mg) 202,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet